Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Heart-stopping football!

In one of the best football weekends I can remember, both Stanford and the Redskins kicked field goals to win the game.

Stanford made up for a horrific error after missing a PAT and dramatically drove down the field with just over a minute left. I love Andrew Luck. The Redskins improbably held down the Packers offense and Graham Gano redeemed himself late after missing a fg earlier in the quarter. Then Landry had that interception (btw, he has the biggest biceps of any human being I know), and the miracle comeback was completed soon thereafter.

To continue the great streak the Redskins are on Sunday night football this week, meaning the game is broadcast on the ESPN channel here and I get to watch my first 'skins game of the year. Maybe we'll pull off another upset. I've got to tape the game because it happens when I'm playing rugby, so I'll just have to ignore my phone and the Internet until the kids have stopped watching playhouse Disney and I can enjoy watching something more than highlights.

Go Cardinal! Hail to the Redskins!

No comments:

Post a Comment