Thursday, November 4, 2010

On the road again...

Today is my final day in New Zealand as I take off again tomorrow. It's been four fantastic months here, from chopping down weeds to driving around the south island with my mom to playing rugby and baby sitting three adorable children. But I'm ready to move on after six months in Australasia. It's been grand, but new adventures await.

Over the next two days I'll be in four different countries. Starting off in New Zealand, I fly to LA tomorrow for about 24 hours before I get on a plane again. I head down to El Salvador for about an hour before I finally end up in Lima, Peru. That's about as crazy a travel itinerary I've ever had.
But I am especially looking forward to my short stint in LA, getting to see a bunch of friends, and watching a Stanford football game that isn't on my computer screen in millions of pixels.

I will be arriving at my host family's place in Cusco, Peru some time late Sunday or early Monday. I'll be back in the eastern time zone so now weird calculations to make any more, and I'll post an update as soon as I've settled in and can find an internet cafe later next week. The first few days should be pretty simple--Spanish classes, orientation, etc--but I'll try and let everyone know I haven't caught malaria and died.

Oh, I'll also be posting pictures of all my adventures from Rotorua (several pictures of the adorable girls included) on facebook soon, so check those out.

Ok, I'm off. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment