Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oops, I probably shouldn't have done that: Third time's the charm (or not).

So after the first week of working with Conservation Volunteers NZ I needed to shave. But being the lazy person I am I said screw it--I'll grow out a little bit of facial hair and look rugged while I'm doing my outdoor program (picture included for so all can laugh; also note how terrible I am at taking pictures of myself in the mirror).


Well, this past weekend marked over three weeks since the last time I shaved and it was time to take it all off because I need to not look like a terrorist when my mother arrived. Normally it wouldn't be a problem because at home I use a razor blade to shave. However, for the sake of convenience, I've had an electric razor for my travels.


I thought I was going to have some fun with this and make a post about the funny types of facial hair I can create on my own face. Boy was I wrong. Trying to shave off all that hair was SO EFFING PAINFUL! Holy shit it hurt so much. First the hairs got caught in the razor so I tried to use the trimmer, but that really didn't do anything. Then I had to continuously empty the razor because it got stuck with all the hair inside it. By the end of the experience I had a neck as red as a lobster and I used as much aftershave as I could get out of my nearly empty bottle I packed. Ouch.


So remember boys and girls, if you're going to not shave for a few weeks at least make sure you have a razor blade to take care of the problem. Otherwise it hurts like a bitch.

1 comment:

  1. They would never let you on a plane heading for the US looking like that.

    ReplyDelete