Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Human Centipede!

Ok, you're probably thinking what the hell am I going to be writing about with a blog post having that kind of title. Well it's as weird and nasty as you may have thought.


While in Christchurch with my mom she noticed that the International NZ Film Festival was taking place. We went inside the main theatre and took a look through the catalog to see what was showing.


Quick flashback: while volunteering at the Billabong in Townsville, Australia, one of the rangers had mentioned some clips he saw on youtube about a movie by this same title. He described it to us all but I thought it was just some sick joke and not actually a movie. I was wrong.


I told my mom immediately that we had to see this movie, even though I knew it was totally not the kind of movie she would like. I didn't care. I HAD to see this movie. I'm a guy, I love gross and weird stuff like this. Unfortunately I still wasn't prepared for this film. It centers around this sick German doctor to abducts three people and tries to turn them into a human centipede. He did it with three of his former dogs, and so he tries to do it to these three tourists (one a crazy Japanese guy and two ditzy girls from New York traveling around). Without spoiling the movie and having to say it, I'll let you figure out where the three people were connected.


After the movie I wasn't sure if I ever could watch another film again. It was just so outrageous and out there I can't even imagine someone writing this script and then saying to anyone "Yes, I want to make this movie" with a serious face. Lesson learned here: there are some crazy and nasty people out there. Google the movie if you're still interested, but don't say I didn't warn ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment