Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Here come the butterflies.

So I take off in almost 24 hours exactly, and it's crazy to think that my departure is so close. I've been working on this trip since early January, and it's amazing how quickly the time has passed from then until now. Naturally, for me at least, getting close to my departure also means getting a bit nervous. Now I am the kind of person who gets nervous for everything: tests, piano recitals, lord knows how many sporting events, and just about anything really. I'm fine with it, it tells me that what's about to happen is important and I have some reason to worry. For tomorrow, the worrying part probably centers around my bag. I'm flying to London first, then on another flight I'm headed to Singapore and finally Sydney. Man would it suck to show up half a world away without almost all of my possessions. But I've got my fingers crossed.

It's been a crazy last day at home. Last night before bed I made a final checklist of things to do today. That list was 20 items long. Yeah, long day. But I'm almost done and just need to organize a few things and make a final packing of my bag. I've practice packed before so I know everything fits. Tonight is just some good old-fashioned home cooking from mom with lasagna, garlic bread, and fresh banana bread. I guess I'm getting fattened up before leaving.

I'll put up one more post tomorrow with some contact and logistical things that will be important. And then it will be off to Dulles Airport and then Heathrow Airport in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment